Monday, June 24, 2013

Thoughts on Chihayafuru?


Did anoyone else find Chihayafuru kind of boring? I thought it was going to be great, since I had read some good reviews.

And though the art work is beautiful, the story isn't very captivating at all. It's high school students playing a card game, and it reminded me much of shows like Beyblade and Pokemon, only for more "mature" people. The protagonist is so quiet and has little personality, I find it hard to believe the others want to be around her. I can't even remember any of the other characters, except her two guy friends who play the game with her, and that is mostly only because they're hot and probably like her.

I hate dropping animes, in fear that they suddenly become masterpieces at the last episode, but I decided that Chihayafuru just wasn't worth my time anymore. Now, I only dropped it at episode 8, and I am curious to know what you guys think about this anime, even if you really like it. Did I make a mistake, or was I right to not spend more time on this?

3 comments:

  1. hey,
    thanks a lot for dropping by my blog and for the lovely comment...
    i am following you on GFC.. I am your first follower.... yehhhh.. :)
    hope you follow back..
    keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am now following you as well ((;

      Delete
  2. I found the early parts of the show boring but loved it once the competitions got started. If you're already up to episode 8, you won't have to wait much longer.

    ReplyDelete