Monday, August 05, 2013

New Doctor (spoilers)

Since I am a fan of Doctor Who after all, I felt required to write about the reveal of the new Doctor here on my blog.

In all honesty, I didn't feel too sad when I heard about Matt Smith's departure. Yes, he's funny and great, but I thought his whole presence was getting old. He was the silly Doctor, never taking things too serious, and in the end, it was about time he left. Not to mention seasons 6-7 haven't even been that good, in my opinion. I can only hope that'll change too.

Soo, Peter Capaldi. I've never even heard of him. Not seen a single of his films, only one episode where he appeared on Doctor Who in season 4. Funny enough. Still, I hope he'll be a good doctor. I didn't get much out of his interview on BBC last night, he just seemed very calm, and my guess is he was freaking nervous.

But am I the only one who is still wondering about that last episode with John Hurt? Where did he come from, and why is he not the new Doctor? I believed it was going to be him...

Particularly amused by what the fandom accomplished tho.
Anyway, I'm very excited to see the new Doctor in action, and I wish him the best of luck. I know many whovians on tumblr don't want Matt to go, but I'm sure this Peter Capaldi will grow on them in no time. That's what always happens.

(Now please excuse me while I go back to crying over having to wait for more SnK)

2 comments:

  1. I'm also a fan of Doctor Who, but i'm just starting to watch the 7th season now.
    I agree with your assessment of Matt Smith, he's not bad but he's not David Tenant XD The reason the latest seasons have been a little off is that the show lost some of its main writers. To me at least the quality of the story has dropped a little but I guess we can still hope that it picks back up.
    It will very much depend on Peter Capaldi's interpretation of The Doctor. I really wouldn't want to be in his shoes >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Steven Moffat is a great writer, but Russel T Davies was better at writing emotional stuff, haha. I miss the old episodes...

      Delete