Monday, December 23, 2013

December fun!

Things have been quite crazy here in Paris, lately! You guys have no idea.

My best girlfriend Lisa came all the way from Norway to visit me for a week, and we've had the best of times. I'll just show you some pictures, and tell you about the stuff along the way.

Lisa is a vegetarian, and has given me a lot of food inspiration.

Drinks at Belushi's.
Here is the view from Sacre Coeur. It's only 10 minutes walking from my place.
This guy insisted on drawing her. It didn't really resemble her though, haha. She didn't have to buy it, luckily. He was nice to talk to, at least.
A dream of mine was to do karaoke. So I invited some people, and we finally went. Lisa is an amazing singer too.


The crew at karaoke night. Japanese style karaoke, it was amazing. Recommended.


I don't think I've written about this before, but in my hometown, Trondheim, there is a 50s diner called Pair-a-dice, which is our favourite place to hang out. They have amazing milkshakes.

Sadly (or not I guess) I'm not there anymore, I'm in Paris, so we went to a 50s diner here instead. Although their milkshakes could not compare, it was a wonderful experience. I wouldn't mind going back. But I wouldn't try the bubblegum milkshake again. Don't do it, it's awful.



I tried a vegetarian burger! It was pretty good, but seriously this is too much food for me to eat in one meal.



Lastly, we went to see the Eiffel Tower at night. A must. It starts blinking every hour, and it's a fantastic sight.

Now, let me finish off this by announcing some pretty big news. I mentioned before that we went to Belushi's, which is a bar and diner, as well as a part of a hostel. They exist all across Europe, and I used to go there quite often in the past, since it was a place it is easy to talk to people. Most of the time, there are people there who are travelling alone, but unfortunately this also means it's a bad place for making long term friends (which is why I stopped going). I did bring Lisa there though, since it's so close to my place. 
When we were there, I mentioned how great it would be to work there, and she encouraged me to go ask them about getting a job. I was probably a little (or very) drunk at the time, so I ran up to the supervisor, who told me they were in fact looking for a new girl, full-time worker. The following night I gave them my resume. When I didn't hear anything for a few days I went back, met the manager, and was told to come in for a try-out shift the next morning! I've been there for 3 days now, and today I signed the contract for a month of trial period! 

I'd say this is the greatest thing I've accomplished since I came here. I have actually been looking for a new job for a few weeks, seeing as my current workplace isn't being fair to me, and completely destroying my social life. At the time of writing, I still have this job, but I intend on talking to my boss tonight, telling him I'll quit, and go on with my new job instead. I can't believe all of this, really, I feel like I've had some great luck for the past few days. The universe is really with me on this. 

Other than that though, I've been working on the 12 Days of Anime vlogs, my university application, and now my mother and her boyfriend have arrived in Paris to celebrate Christmas with me. 2013 has had it's ups and downs, as it should be and which I will elaborate in another post, but I'm feeling great about the coming year, and right now, I think I can handle whatever the world throws at me. 

I've really grown up now.

2 comments:

  1. You and your friend look very pretty! The food looks delicious too.
    I'm so glad that you were able to find a new job! What luck that they were looking for someone!

    ReplyDelete