Sunday, December 01, 2013

Reasons to love Christmas: Day 1

I LOVE Christmas. Seriously guys. It's easily my favourite season. I'm serious guys I've been excited about this for months already. And to me, Christmas isn't just that one day you receive presents and have a big family dinner. Christmas is all of December. Christmas is the anticipation, the shopping for gifts, the books, music, specials on tv, everything that happens in December IS Christmas.
But why do I love Christmas so much? It's not really because of presents or love and family, or cliche stuff like that. Allow me to share with you my reasons for loving Christmas, in this daily blog series. Starting with the first reason:

#1: Christmas spirit.

To be honest, I didn't like Christmas as a child, just because I found all the fuss kind of awkward and exaggerated. But I think the lack of Christmas spirit for so many years have come to me all at once for the past couple of Christmases.

There is something about Christmas you can't put your finger on. It's just a feeling in the air. Winter is usually a dark and gloomy time for us Norwegians, seeing as there is pretty much no sunlight and freezing outside, but at Christmas the entire town lights up with decorations and music and spirit. It's a fantastic sight. It makes me happy about light for no particular reason other than being an excuse to be extra happy. It's almost magical.

I think this expresses what I'm talking about pretty well. Source.

Curling up with a cup of hot chocolate is the best. Source.
There's nothing like a good old book to keep you company during these days of cold. Source.





No comments:

Post a Comment