Sunday, December 08, 2013

Reasons to love Christmas: Day 8

#8: New Year's. 

Regardless of how the year has been, I'm always happy to have the Christmas period at the end. And there's no better way to complete it than with a big New Year's celebration. Another year over might remind us of the things we didn't do and that time is ticking, but I like to think of it differently. I always welcome the new year, as it marks the end of an era, good or bad (most often a mix of both), and represents new beginnings.

I love getting together with my absolute best friends, eating turkey and waldorf salad, having (a bit too many?) drinks and watching the fireworks. This always make the very best memories, and is a good way to start a new year. Unfortunately I won't be able to see my friends or family at New Year's, but I'm sure it will be unforgettable nevertheless.


New Year's Eve is a decent movie, and I love Lea Michele's version of the song Auld Lang Syne.


No comments:

Post a Comment